Click on the book name to read more about it
Books I recently read:
. Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keys
. Something Blue
. Love the one you’re with
. Baby Proof
. Something Borrowed
. Anybody out There?
. Mennonite in a Little Black Dress.
. The Camel Club.
. Bel Canto. Review coming soon.
. The Book of Awesome. Review coming soon.
. Dead in the family. Review coming soon.
My Favorite books of all time:
• The Red Tent by Anita Diamant This book is soooo good every woman has to read it, I highly highly recommend it
• Lullabies for little criminals By Heather O’neill What an amazing Debut for this author
• The curious incident of the dog in the night time By Mark HaddonThis book is so smart, I featured it on my blog, click here to read the whole thing , my all time favorite!
• 1984 by Gerorge Orwell Simply amazing from it the term “Big Brother” was coined
• The outlander series by Diana Gabaldon little bit of Romance, a little bit of Si. Fi. , some history thrown in the mix, and oh , the hot Scottish stud with the kilt does not hurt the story at all! Addictive to say the least, six books already and waiting on the seventh to come out.
. Sophie’s World: A Novel About the History of Philosophy by Jostein Gaarder. What did I think? Click here.
What Your Child Should Be Reading:
Books on my shelves and from the library:
.Sophie’s World: A Novel About the History of Philosophy by Jostein Gaarder. What did I think? Click here.
• Shopaholic’s gift set .Hilarious! The perfect no need to use your brain books. Recommend it f you want to unwind.
• Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
• Brick Lane by Amina Ali
• The Bachelorette Party by Karen McCullah Lutz ( It is such a chick/airhead book that does not require the use of any brain cells but its funny)
• “Adam Bede” by George Eliot (the pen name of Mary Ann Evans) Loved it
• A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews 3.5/5
• The Birth House by Ami Mckay 3/5
• “The Memory Keeper’s Daughter” By Kim Edwards (depressing)
• “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” 4/5
• The Moonlit Cage by Linda Holeman 3.5/5 (was good until close to the end , a disappointing ending)
• Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit by JRR Tolkien (Love it)
• The complete Harry Potter series (Love it)
• The complete Narnia series (Liked it but I thought it mirrors the bible stories, donno I don’t want my kid brainwashed reading it but it was good)
• Eragon and Eldest by Paolini (Haven’t read it yet but the movie Eragon was good)
• Emma By Jane Austin (Loved it)
• Little Women By Louisa Alcott (I read it a looooooong time ago, I have to read it again to remember if I like it)
• Withering Heights by Emily Bronte (Liked it)
• Jane Eyre By Charlotte Bronte (Liked it)
• Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin (Love it)
• The complete works of Najeeb Mahfooz (Well they are 6 HUGE books so I am making my way through them)
• In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant (was so so)
• Gerorge Orwells 1984 (LOVED IT)
• Lullabies for little Criminals by Heather O’Neil (LOVED IT a must read)
• The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini (loved it)
• Snow by Orhan Pamuk (Haven’t read it yet)
• The Birth House by Ami McKay ( it was OK)
• The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards ( It is soooo depressing that you should only read it if you don’t have suicidal tendencies, it was so so )
• My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk ( loved it, but it is a tough read)
• Reading Lolita in Tehran by Agar Nafisi (Loved it, it could also qualify as non fiction)
• Watership Down by Richard Adams ( really loved it)
• The Curious Incident of the dog in the nigh-time by Mark Haddon (My favorite book ever)
• Life of Pi By Yann Martel (loved it)
• The Chrysalides by John Wyndham (I liked it)
• The Love Poetry of William Shakespeare (I mean it’s Shakespeare)
• Lovely Bones loved it
• The James fry Books, little tiny pieces and the my friend Leonard (he pissed me off cos he was a liar, PISSED ME OFF, cos the book is really good and he did not need to lie!)
• The Josephine books, the story of Napoleons wife
• Anne Rice , lots of books I can’t even remember all the names oh oh but the last one was Christ the Lord LOVED IT
• All the trendy books that are completely useless but so much fun to read l can’t even remember the names of the authors or the names of the books, like the shopaholic kind of style.
. The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil By Philip Zimbardo Well I am not quite done with it yet.
• Infidel By Ayan Hirsi Ali to see what i thought about it click here .
• Guns Germs and steel By Jared Diamond ( Took ages to finish but Loved it)
• Collapse By Jared Diamond ( Haven’t read it yet)
• Blink (Loved it)
• The Tipping point (Loved it)
• Queen Noor Leap of Faith ( It was nice, the pictures, the Royal family Stories, I wish there was more in the book though)
• Shake Hands with the Devil by Romeo Dallaire (I really Loved this book, very moving and you feel with Romeos struggle, because of this book, I hate the UN and they suck)
• My Life by Bill Clinton (OK I went through half of it and it was soooo boring I had to stop, lol, I haven’t even gotten to the part when he becomes president ???? or the peace talks piece, it’s 1000 pages for Gods sake, Well, Bill should never write because he put so many useless details it is crazy, like campaigning and stuff, spare me please)
• Arab and Jew by David K. Shipler ( I really like this book, it talks about how the relationship between Arabs and Jews living in the Palestine and Israel and how they fantasize about how the Israelis are like and the Palestinians are like since people are born and die before they interact with the other side, really good book)
• The battle for God by Karen Armstrong (Loved it)
• A history of God by Karen Armstrong (Loved it but it is a hard read)
• Muhammad by Karen Armstrong (REALLY good)
• America (The Book) by the Daily Show with john Stewart) ( prepare yourself for sooooooooo much fun and laughter and some history too )
• Rats by Robert Sulivan ( well I got it for 3 dollars and it’s a book about rats in New York, hehehehe so it is so so)
• Michael Moore’s Dude, where’s my country? ( haven’t read it eyet)
• A short History of Nearly everything by Bill Bryson (Loved it)
• A short history of Progress by Ronald Wright (Loved it)
• Sex Drugs and Coco Puffs by Chuck Klosterman ( interesting read)
• Oh Jerusalem By Larry Collins (Loved it)
• The world is Flat by Thomas Friedman (Loved it)
• Twenty Questions (haven’t read it yet)
• Greek Mythology (haven’t read it yet)
Bloggers Book Club
If you read a book you loved that is not on the list, drop me a comment