The other day I was walking through one of those big box stores uninterested in anything around me .
Peanut was looking up at me from the cart with her beautiful sparkly eyes sometimes smiling, sometimes cooing and sometimes dosing off .
I picked up some of the essentials I needed , bread, milk and rain boots for little 7aki since the weather is getting better and there is no need for snow boots anymore.
As I was shopping I wasn’t really focusing on anything and I was mostly daydreaming about how happy I am at home with my little angels and how amazing it was to spend all this time with them.
And then all of a sudden I saw something that woke me up from my dream with a jolt. It was SHOCKING.
I could not make this up even in my wildest dreams.
How could it be? I couldn’t believe my eyes. After all these years? Is it true? Am I dreaming?
I saw this.
Can you believe it? Sombody pinch me.
… to wish myself a happy birthday on my blog!!!
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to 7akiiiiiiii
Happy birthday to meeeeeeee
So baba 7aki got me wicked and I mean WICKED presentSSSSSSS ( stress on the s, hahahaha)
And my birthday was yesterday.
I am 33 years old. YIKES! How did the years fly like that people??? Like, seriously, I don’t understand how I am 33. And I hate odd numbers , they are kind of creepy don’t you think?
And I want the summer to come already, I am freezing my ass here. 25 BELOW zero today, WHY? What purpose does -25 serve, seriously.
OK so I was at the library last week, I am at the library a lot these days, at least once a week and sometimes twice a week and I saw Oprah’s 20th anniversary collection (6 DVD’s) so I borrowed it. And what a fucking bummer those DVD’s were. I wanted to sob while watching half of them.
Like what the hell man, there is crying by people and Oprah in half of the 6 DVD’s. And I am hormonal and a bit sleep deprived.
But they were good, really good, I never realized Oprah was sooo amazing, I always thought she was boring and OMG wanted her to get laid already, hehehehe, but she moved me. And you have to watch this collection.
If I am to take away anything from this collection it would be the one thing that struck me the most and stayed with me. It is the simple act of how you greet or look at your child. Always have a smile on your face when you look at your kid because at a young age children only see a happy loving face or a critical face which gets them to thinking” What did I do wrong now?” or ” My parents don’t love me”, which will cause them to have so much self doubt resulting in low self esteem.
But there is soooo much more, interviews with Nelson Mandela, which was amazing because his talk and resistance of apartheid reminded me of our peoples plight. Also Sidney Poitier who is such an inspiration and many more people.
I have to say, her 20 year collection is very inspiring. I never thought I would say that about Oprah but I kinda like her after watching this.
So if I had a dinner party and I could invite 4 people dead or alive I want to invite:
- Oprah, cos she is an icon and she likes to read just like me so it would be interesting to talk to her.
- King Husain. I heard he liked fried tomatoes ( gallayet bandora). He is such a charismatic person and was such a legend.
- Jon Stewart. He is soooooooooooo funny you gotta love him.
- Gerard Butler, because he’s hot. And every dinner table NEEDS hotness. LOOOOOOOL.
Who would you invite?
1) When we store eggs why do we have to put the pointy side down?
2) How are diapers made? And what’s that super absorbent gel?
3) Why does baby breath smell soooo good? I swear it smells like vanilla or like sweetness and yummyness. I think we should bottle that smell, it could make any woman swoon. I think it’s the baby’s gums that add to the OMGodness, OMG the gums are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!! I love the gums, I can’t say enough about how much I LOVE THE TOOTHLESS GUMS. So help me God.
4) Why do I torture myself and stay up late after the kids go to sleep at night and suffer in the morning? I HATE ME …. sometimes.
5) Why are you reading this post?
6) Why is the sky blue? I always forget this piece of information, no matter how many times I look it up, I forget.
7) Why do bloggers say goodbye and say I am done with blogging forever and blah blah and then they come back? These people bore me, I mean, if you want to stop blogging you just do that, you stop. Like Hani, he just stopped, Hani, we miss you come back
8 ) Will I ever be able to live in an Arab country again? Especially Jordan?
9) Seriously. Why are you reading this post?
10) Why do I want to have another baby when my baby is only five months old? Peoples, I have the “I want to have a baby” fever and I HAVE A BABY already!!!! Maybe I’m a quintuplet Mom in the making?
But peanut is sooooooooo good peoples, and did I tell you her breath smells sweet and delicious?
11) Who is the MOFO who said women have to remove the hair on their bodies? Who started this MOFO trend? Well, if you find that person AKA MOFO tell them I said EF YOU, MOFO!!!!
12) Why do people, when they travel to a different country, go shopping although the place they live has the exact same stuff? It’s like vacation makes the money you have seem like monopoly money. So, why?
13) Why are we on this earth?
I think we are on this earth to smell babies sweet breath. Cos peoples, I tell you, it’s worth it. I am going to start a new religion. I’ll call it BSB HAHAHAHA
14) Is funk dead?
15) What is funk?
16) How do they sell liquid milk that is not refrigerated? How is it made? Does is scare you that it does not spoil outside of the fridge? Is it made of alien milk?
17) Why is cabin fever called cabin fever?
Your Word is “Fearless”
You see life as your one chance to experience everything, and you just go for it!
You believe the biggest risk is being afraid and missing out on something amazing.
Sometimes your fearlessness means you’re daring. You enjoy risky activities.
So I haven’t checked technorati for maybe a year and my ranking now is 27,620 and my authority is 147 .
That’s pretty high(ish) peoples. (Not realy that high).
The question is ………….. why? HAHAHAHAHAHA
I guess people like blogs about nothing.
Little 7aki LOVES to eat the following:
1) Shrimp. Yes, shrimp. She would eat pounds of it if I let her.
2) Spinach. Which some adults don’ t even want to smell.
3) Brie cheese. Like , helloooooooo, who LIKES Brie cheese? Most people hate it. ( I love it)
4) Ask her what’s your favorite vegtable and she will answer in a heart beat: Cauliflower
But tell her to taste a tomatoe and she will look at it as if it was the devil.
Since I was a kid I LOVED hello kitty and still do!
I was in Toronto in Mid January and found a beautiful hello kitty necklace. Little 7aki saw it and said”Wow this is pretty is it for me?” I was like “Nooooooooooooooooooo. This is Mommy’s, but you can borrow it .” Heheheh.
I wish I could take a picture and show you but me no have the camera. The camera is in Dubai. but it looks something like this but more blingy:
Another thing I am addicted to, kinder surprise, she is not allowed to play with my collection, YES I have a collection and it a big collection and she’s not allowed to touch it. I tell her ” Get your own” HAHAHAHAHHAAHA.
Sigh. Will I ever grow up?
Sure, George’s name is a tongue twister but interviewing the best of the best seems soooo easy when he does it.
His interviews are effortless, interesting and he never asks the cliché questions.
You can watch almost all of his interviews here.
He is so talented. I want to be him when I grow up.
P.S.: Not to be mixed with George Stephanopoulos
This is an old old tag that I tagged myself with, yeah, it seems that tags are kind of dead. But I am soooooooo bored that I decided to do this tag after seeing it at Roba’s and Hal’s blogs sooo long ago I can’t even find them to link them.
So here goes:
1) My Wallet that is sooo stuffed to the point the clasp broke, but I looooove it and I don’t want to get another one. But I have to .
2) Lip gloss and lipstick, let me see, 1,2,3,4,5,6. Why would anybody need 6????
4) Sample perfumes I got when I bought some perfumes (I am a confessed perfume whore). I use them if I forget to put perfume before I leave home or if I want to bribe little 7aki. She loves perfume too. Like mother like daughter.
5) The book ” God is not great: How religion poisons everything” . Pretty interesting book, I’m reading it slower than I would like and I am liking it so far, very interesting. Check out this interview with the author (warning, may offend some people)
6) My IPod and it’s stuff.
7) The phone.
8 ) My cheque book. I use it a lot.
9) Three pens and a pencil. OK so the Daisy Duck one is a present from William. I LOVE IT so I keep it in my purse. The other one is a fancy bling bling pen, I gave it to little 7aki and somehow it ended up in my purse and a Disney princesses pencil and a little mini pen. Why do I have four writing implements and not ONE piece of paper???? Baffling.
10) Stickers. Yeah, Moms roll like that. Hehehehe
11) My work badge. Considering I have not worked since Sept 1st, 2008 it surprises me that this is still in my purse.
12) My Subway tokens purse thingy. LOVE IT. It’s a little butterfly.
13) Two things of floss, toothpaste, a brush ups sample. I’ve never tried the brush ups, are they any good?
14) A bunch of gift cards from Gap, Sears, Pottery Barn and Mastermind. Why do I still have these cards? I should go and use them. Oh I forgot, I am home with baby all the time and the weather sucks MAJOR ass.
15) Wet napkin.
So what’s in your purse.
And Please please please people do this tag I am bored and I would like people to do it so I can get some entertainment.
Men can do bed side table tag
PS: What’s the difference between a bag and a purse?
PPS: If you reached this far down in the post you deserve a medal, for real.
PPPS: The End
I do realize that this is an old joke and I am actually copying and pasting but I can’t resist. It made me chuckle. And you youngER readers. I am not that old but I can relate. LOL. I was actually 11 in 1987 .
The text in bold made me laugh out loud. I can SOOOOOOO relate. STUPID ATARI, in fact, I bought an ATARI game (has ALL the ATARI games on one CD) for my PS3 and OMG they are sooooo hard!!! How was I even good at ATARI when I was younger??? I was GOOD people, now I can barely keep up, just like life , hehehehe.
OK OK I’ll stop rambling, here’s the joke:
When I was a kid adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were when they were growing up, what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning uphill both ways through year ’round blizzards carrying their younger siblings on their backs to their one-room schoolhouse where they maintained a straight-A average despite their full-time after-school job at the local textile mill where they worked for 35 cents an hour just to help keep their family from starving to death.
And I remember promising myself that when I grew up there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it and how easy they’ve got it!
Now that I’ve reached the ripe old age of 30-something, I can’t help but look around and notice the youth of today. You’ve got it so damned easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in Utopia.
And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don’t even know how good you’ve got it. I mean, when I was a kid we didn’t have the Internet — we wanted to know something, we had to go to the library and look it up ourselves!
And there was no e-mail! We had to actually write somebody a letter with a pen. And then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in a mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!
And there were no MP3s! You wanted to steal music, you had to go to the record store and shoplift it yourself. Try sticking an LP album under your jacket, buddy. Or we had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ’d usually talk over the beginning and screw it all up!
We didn’t have fancy stuff like Call Waiting. If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal. And we didn’t have fancy Caller ID Boxes, either. When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was — it could be your boss, your mom, a collections agent — you didn’t know! You just had to pick it up and take your chances.
And we didn’t have any fancy Sony Playstation videogames with high-resolution 3-D graphics, we had the Atari 2600. With games like Space Invaders and Asteroids, and the graphics sucked! Your guy was a little square! You had to use your imagination! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever. And you could never win the game, the game just kept getting harder and faster until you died. Just like life.
Sure, we had cable television, but back then that was only like 20 channels and there was no onscreen menu! You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on. And there was no Cartoon Network! You could only get cartoons on Saturday morning. D’ya hear what the hell I’m saying? We had to wait ALL WEEK for a cartoon, you spoiled little bastards.
That’s exactly what I’m talking about! You kids today have got it too easy! You wouldn’t last five minutes back in 1987!
First I would like to wish you all a happy Eid.
Second I had musakhan today.
Third check out this link, how many can YOU name in 5 minutes. Pretty cool I swear, DO IT!
I got 53.
I have a lot to tell you about but I am soooo lazy people. Maybe the next post.
Oh oh , did you notice how its snowing here?