I could not resist posting about this:
We were invited to a BBQ yesterday and etiquette requires that you bring something with. I being the worlds worst procrastinator (WORST) I always end up buying whatever it is I am going to bring
Not this time! I made the most delicious salad ever ever ever.
It is sooooooooooo good inno I think it’s my favorite salad in the world!
Here’s the recipe, it is so easy anybody can make it. Even men, or Maioush ( Tab Mai, isatwa ilRoz willa la2? hehehehe) can make it.
– Boil pot of water (water equal to amount of couscous) (I used too much so maybe 3 cups would be good)
– Once boiled, take off stove, add couscous, let stand until water is absorbed (5 minutes)
– 1 Cucumber – slice and cut in half (Cucumbers here are on steroids so one cucumber is like maybe 3 normal ones ?)
– 1 Box Cherry Tomatoes (small) – leave whole (so it keeps well)
– 1 Can Black Sliced Olives
– 2 Red Peppers – chop into small cubes
– ½ Red Onion (or quarter) – chop into small cubes
– Basil, Parsley, Mint (hand full of each – chop finely) (you can skip the Basil if you want)
– ¼ Cup of Olive Oil (you can add a bit more)
– 1-2 Tbsp. Vinegar
– 1 Tsp. Dijon Mustard
– ½ Lemon – Squeezed
– 1 Cube Garlic – Minced
– Tbsp. Mayo or Yogurt – Optional
– Red Pepper, Herbs – Finely minced Tbsp.
Whisk all above ingredients together.
– Crumbled Feta Cheese (lots)
Prepare couscous and let stand to cool down. Chop veggies and add to couscous. Add dressing and then add the feta. You can also drizzle with olive oil before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste – optional.
W sa7tain w 3afieh…I wanted to say that for EVER..HAHAHAHAHA