One of the people I work with rarely makes an appearance at work to the point that(because we are a bunch of crazy employees that are really REALLY bored ) our dear William (who is not a nerd by the way as I was kindly corrected after this post hehehehe. William, we love you man!) created a sheet to keep track of her attendance .
This workbook has trends by day of the week , by week and by month. As is stands she is at 51% attendance now…meaning she came to work only 51% of the time!
Last week Bob, William and I placed bets if she was coming in to work today (Monday) or not. Based on the Monday trend I thought she would come in and I lost the bet :(.
We also used to make bets on what the excuse would be if she didn’t come in.
Some of her excuses:
1) I was helping the mover’s move my TV and it fell on my Toe and they insisted I go to the hospital and check it!! (why would you hire movers and then help them move?)
2) I was driving to work but there was too much traffic so I turned around and went back home…(LOL.. FOR REAL???? like OMG, hmm, traffic what a rare occurence..hehehe and funny enough William comes from the same direction and he made it to work no problem.)
3) I have a staff infection (Ewwwwwwwww)
4) I have kidney stones
5) I have gallbladder stones. ( can sotnes grow there?)
6) I hit my car.
7) My Son hit his car and I had to give him my car
8 ) My Son hit my car
9) Our basement is flooded
10) My house was on fire
11) My dog shit all over the house and I had to clean up …(LOL LOL I SWEAR TO GOD)
12) I have a migraine (that’s the most recurring one)
13) I will be working from home, and then after an hour, oh sorry you couldn’t reach me but we had a fire alarm at the building and I had to go down stairs for 2 hours and I didn’t have my cell phone on me so I couldn’t conference in the meeting
14) I am working from home but the electricity got cut off so I couldn’t be reached …LOL .. .LOL…
And the list goes on and on and on. And I swear I am not making any of this up!
The excuses are soooo absurd that we think she is the most unlucky person in the Universe or she is writing a book about the most outrageous excuses she got away with .. lol..
So what do you think? Is she unlucky or is she BRILLIANT?
Click here for 10 Craziest Excuses for Being Late my favourite ones 1,5 and 10