First of all I like to thank you Bob and William for the outstanding job you did blogging. Good job guys! I really think you should start blogging .. for real.. I am still amazed at how William managed to understand what “Vitamin W” was, man you are a genius ..lol.
Second I had a GREAT time on my vacation …. Great great great time :).
The drinking , the laying by the pool and at the beach , the not doing ANYTHING (I mean ANYTHING) that is constructive or good for humanity (as if I do any of that anyway … lol ) but we got to do pretty cool stuff too .
This is the schedule of a typical day on our vacation:
9:30: Waking up and TRYING to rush to make it to the breakfast buffet that closed at 10:15 but ending up being slow and lazy anyway and never making it and getting kicked out of the buffet cos we get there at 10:14 EVERYTIME … lol .. so we end up going to the other buffet that did not serve eggs 😦 and have bread and cheese only for breakfast 😦 .. If I ever see cheese again I will hurl .. lol
10:45 : Go sit by the pool and do NOTHING … seriously!
But believe me to do nothing is an art .. it is .. OMG like you are even lazy to get out of the pool sometimes and go back to your lounging chair … they even have a guy who goes around and asks you what you want to drink so you don’t have to walk 10 steps to get a drink … LOL … for real .. gosh … I betcha the people who work at resorts hate the tourists guts cos they feel that they are a bunch of glutinous lazy people … heheheh
11:00 : do nothing but sit by the pool
12:00 : do nothing but sit by the pool
1:00: do nothing … LOL you get the picture
But I did read 2 books by the pool and we got to meet a bunch of cool people which makes it easier to sit and do nothing because you chat about this and that and about how the Dominican people use the phrase “cheapy cheapy” a lot … LOL
My Husband and I got to go parasailing which was amazing because they leave you up there for a good while , like maybe 5 – 10 minutes! They took a lot of pictures with us up there.
Then on another day we went snorkeling with the Manta Rays and the Nurse Sharks on a half day trip, now that was AMAZING , to be soooo close to the Sharks. But whenever a Ray came close I could not help but stare at it’s tail/stinger and remember Steve Irwin.
Also on that trip they took us to a natural sea pool which is a shallow water pool in the middle of the sea that is amazing… how do these pools form? Inno you are in the middle of the deep ocean and then there’s a shallow pool? Pretty cool!
Then I went scuba diving and it was AMAZING, I got to see some beautiful Corals and fish .. Mind you NOTHING compares to the Red sea! All the divers were envious cos I trained there and did all my diving there and they said how pampered I was cos it’s the best place to dive EVER … so TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AQABA PEOPLE!!!!!
I only got to do it once 😦 because I tried to go scuba diving in the middle of my trip but the sea was choppy for a couple of days so they cancelled all the dives and then the third day they did not have enough people to go for that dive so I ended up diving only once on the day before we had to leave 😦 , so I was a bit disappointed cos I wanted to go more than once and I did not get the chance … but never the less the dive was pretty cool.
Some Hilarious stuff that happened on the trip:
1) The lack of the English language skills (everybody and their dog only spoke Spanish)
Ta7sheesh the menus there wallah, examples:
– Shrimp with Galwic .. which is Garlic
– Sea Fruit Rice ( which is sea food rice)
– Food of the see … ma2saaaaaah
– Creeps … LOL LOL .. which is Crepes , can I have two creeps please ? HAHAHAHAHAHHA
and the list goes on and on I can’t remember cos it felt like everything was misspelled
2) Until now it is a mystery to all the Americans and the Canadians we met to why does the local MC/DJ for the night show kept saying “Mississippi, it’s show time” and kept saying “Mickey Mouse” all the time ..lol .. by the way, my husband wanted to kill him on many occasions because he was too annoying … like you have a mic, why are you shouting in it??? ..lol
3) OK this is tooooooo funny, We went to the Japanese restaurant which was ..get this.. was serving chinese food and was playing Arabic Music … HAHHAHAHHAAHAHAH wallahy. It was toooooo funny .. they thought Arabic music was Chinese and that Chinese food was Japanese, Hubs and I could not stop laughing when we ate there.
4)We wanted to buy Cigars from a local guy (who turned out to be from Haiti who spoke English and French and not a lot of Spanish, now how confusing is that??) so my Husband and I spoke some Arabic and I was telling him,” hadol ilcigars kteeeeeer ghalieen” (these cigars are too expensive), so the guy was like , “what is this language, where are you from?” so I said “we are Canadian”, he said “so is this English? I don’t think this is English”, we told him “it is Arabic”, he was super confused, so he said you “speak English and this language ( he could not even remeber how to say Arabic) in Canada?” I said , “no, we speak English and French in Canada but my husband and I speak Arabic.” So he had noooooo clue what an Arab was, or what Arabic is or anything … I do not think Arabs exist to people living in the Caribbean lol.
5) Husband and I could not but make fun of people so these are some nick names we gave some people:
– Cranium .. lol … this guy had the biggest head on the planet
– Alragul alakhdar (The green man or the Hulk)this guy was so pale white to the point he looked green
– booby girl, this woman was playing a game by the pool and by accident her boob was hanging out for a good amount of time that she got stuck with this name…lol.. she was super popular with all the men after this incident .. hahahaha.
This is enough for now I will fill you in with other stuff later, if I feel like it .
– I missed you guys. I really did , I remember Bambam once said that he felt silly that he missed ” my Online buddies in which the main interaction I have with them is through the web” Well I missed you guys too.
– I also remember Naseems post about the challenge of unplugging, about if you can completely unplug from everything for 2 days? Well I did and for 10 days, I have not browsed one webpage, talked on the phone (except with my daughter :)) or facebooked or sent SMS messages and I tell you something, it felt GREAT .. it really did. Kinda made me less addicted to blogging? maybe?? Or maybe not we’ll see
OH OH OH I almost forgot … I have a WICKED tan … like OMG soooooooooooooooooooooo nice
OH OH OH OH my husbands tan is so dark now that when we are walking in the dark I ask him to smile cos i can’t see him otherwise …HAHAHAHAHAHHA..but I think the joke is getting old cos he does not laugh anymore when I ask him to smile ..LOL .. ya3ni ana baradet wish il3aaaaaadeh.