The H1N1 vaccine is finally ready in Canada and it’s getting shipped out to all clinics and I have to make the decision whether to give it to my Girls or not. So I am beyond confused and here is what I got:
– Our family Doctor said, don’t do it, too risky since it was not tested enough
– Every Doctor on TV says, do it , it’s safe, the benefit outweighs the risks by a million
– Most importantly, Dr Hareega says to do it.
– My coworkers sisters brother in law – who is a doctor – says don’t do it.
My question is, are the doctors basing their recommendations on pure science or are they using their personal judgment? Because it seems every doctor is saying something different. Usually doctors agree but it seems they are split right in the middle.
I decided that I am certainly getting it for myself since I get the regular flu shot every year and this shot is no different. Maybe give it to my 5 year old since last year she took the regular flu shot for the first time. But should I give it to the baby? My Husband says he does not want to take it, so if he gets sick he will get the baby sick.
Everybody I know who got the H1N1 Flu got really sick, thankfully did not have to be hospitalized but still suffered a lot.
What should I do?